Okay, so I know I haven’t been posting much this year. I have been SOOOO busy with art stuff. unfortunately I haven’t even had time for my writing this year, as I’ve been swamped trying to build up my art portfolio and prepare for a couple more art shows. But since I am finally starting to feel like I am on top of things again, I thought I’d share something I’ve been working on. That something is my bucket list. I know it’s not really specific to my writing or art, but it’s also important to focus on life outside of work sometimes. this is one of those times. It’s been an eventful year, but it’s all starting to settle down.
So here it is. My bucket list! Although it may not be completely finished (and some things have been left off for personal reasons), it’s an idea of how busy I’ve been and plan to be in the coming years.
1. Write (finish and edit) a full length novel.
2. Publish a novel. (This one doesn’t have to be professional, as I’m actually completely content self-publishing.)
Win NaNoWriMo. *Accomplished November 2014
4. Write a travel book. (Waiting on an epic trip for this one, although it may be made up more of short trips instead of one big one.)
5. Write and publish a book of short stories.
6. Write a book of ghost stories.
7. Write a trilogy (or series).
8. Write and publish a fictional journal.
9. Write a book in 3 months.
10. Be published, mentioned, or reviewed in at least one major publication.
11. Sell 100 copies of one of my novels. (I know this is a low number, but even this would be amazing for me. I’ll update and put a bigger number if this ever happens.)
12. Dip my toes in the Arctic Ocean
13. Go skinny dipping in a lake at Midnight
14. Sleep under the stars
15. Visit the Hypogeum in Malta
Drive the Dempster Highway in northern Canada *Accomplished August 2014
Get artwork published *October 2016 (Heavy Metal North)
Get photography published *November 2012 issue of Digital Infusion Magazine
Get latex clothing featured in magazine *January 2013 issue of Bella Morte Magazine
20. Send a message in a bottle
21. Go to Easter Island
22. Leave a note in a library book
23. Visit Glass Beach
24. Photograph Lightning
25. Create and publish Tarot deck
26. Fly First Class
27. Travel somewhere by train
28. Visit New Orleans
29. Research family tree as far back as possible
Attend a comic-con *Yukomicon 2015
31. Get more than 20 stamps in my passport
32. Have a home library
33. Publish a book of art
That’s it for now, as I’m trying to work out more things that I would like to include.
So here’s the question: Do you have a bucket list? And if not, have you ever considered writing one for yourself?